1. X (Formerly Twitter)
X is my primary source of information when it comes to real-world events and topics that interest me. X allows anyone aged 13 or older to create an account, and many of these accounts belong to mainstream journalists and news outlets that report on real-world events or cover game industry news. Thanks to the wide range of journalists and news outlets active on the platform, X allows me to stay informed about the latest updates on real-world events and announcements in the video game industry. One thing I will say about X is that it's important to double-check who is posting the news on the platform because you never know if it could be from an official account or a parody account.2. TikTok
TikTok is a platform that I use every day. It is a platform that allows users to create and distribute the short-form content they have created. While I am scrolling through the platform, there are times when I will come across updates about news and events happening in my local area, as well as news from around the world. One aspect that I like about TikTok is that it allows me to receive news in a 30-second to a minute-long video that summarizes key information, rather than having to read an entire lengthy article.
3. Google News
Google News is the third important source that I use to stay updated on current worldwide events and political topics that interest me. With Google News, I am able to see news from different sources all in one website. The main thing I like to use Google News for is staying updated on the latest developments in technology and the tech industry.
4. YouTube
YouTube is a platform that I use to stay updated on the latest developments in technology and the tech industry. I often use YouTube to watch technology-based creators who discuss new software and hardware. I find YouTube useful for any sort of information because the videos that creators make can provide more detailed explanations of how brand-new software works or how a new piece of hardware is better than its predecessor. I also like to use it for my other interests, like art, crime documentaries, and anything regarding space.
5. Threads
The last source that I indirectly use for news or any real-world information is Threads. While I personally do not use Threads that much, I occasionally receive notifications from the app every now and then. The notifications will often lead me to the latest updates within Politics or a topic that Instagram's algorithm has been trying to recommend to me. If you enjoy using X as a source for news, I would recommend giving Threads a try.
.png)
